MUSEUM AND COLLECTIONS MANAGER-MUSEUM OF GEOSCIENCE, VIRGINIA TECH
Apply now Job no: 515302
Manage operations and programs of the Museum of Geosciences, in keeping with priorities, mission, policies, available resources, plans, and accepted professional practices. The Museum Manager is responsible for facilitating outreach, collection use, and general operation of the Museum of Geoscience as well as supporting the educational and research goals of students and faculty. Specific duties include supervising operations of the Museum of Geosciences, managing Museum Collections (permanent, reference, teaching, and outreach), and coordinating and executing Outreach Programs.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in museum studies, geology/geosciences, geoscience education, or paleontology from an accredited university, or a bachelor's degree with experience working with museum collections in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with care and management of natural history collections
- Strong and effective supervisory and talent management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with public outreach events
- Ability to work as a positive team member with people with diverse educational, technological, language, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in museum registration and collections management
- Broadly trained in geosciences with specific knowledge of Earth History including mineral and fossil identification
- Superior organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in exhibit design and creation
March 31, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sharon Collins at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Job Type: Other
You Must Have: