LABORATORY MANAGER, LUMINESCENCE, THE DESERT RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Desert Research Institute Luminescence Laboratory is seeking a full time NSF funded Laboratory Manager. This is a 1.00 FTE (full-time) professional faculty position that is located at DRI’s Northern Nevada Science Center in Reno, Nevada.
The appointee will oversee the daily operations and activities of hourly and part time staff, oversee preparation of luminescence samples, conduct luminescence analysis, maintain inventory, train students, post-docs, and visiting scientists, oversee preparation of dose rate samples, oversee and conduct analysis of dose rate samples, contribute to development and administration of training materials for students and visitors, maintain and oversee QAQC and daily documentation, contribute to reporting results and preparation of manuscripts, and contribute to proposal development for new projects. The appointee will work on a variety of current ongoing projects and will contribute to the development of new projects.
SALARY / BENEFITS
- Master’s Degree in Geosciences, Physics, Chemistry, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in laboratory operations and analysis.
- Experience with and knowledge of chemical reagents, including safe handling and disposal procedures.
- Experience with the operation of basic laboratory instrumentation (analytical balances, centrifuges, ultrasonic cleaners, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with clear written and spoken English.
- Ability and willingness to work in a dark room with very little lighting.
- Ability to work independently to fulfill project goals and meet project deadlines and to work collaboratively with scientists and researchers.
- Ability to maintain detailed laboratory notes.
- Experience with luminescence preparation and analysis.
DRI salaries are competitive and commensurate with qualifications. This position is eligible for DRI’s benefits package and relocation assistance.
Qualified individuals interested in this position must apply online at http://jobs.dri.edu/postings/288
. To ensure full consideration, your application package should be received by October 20, 2017.
Further information on DRI can be obtained at http://www.dri.edu
. For questions regarding this position, please call the recruitment office at 775-673-7332.
DRI is an AA/EEO employer who gives consideration in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Individuals with disabilities or protected veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Location: Reno, NV
Job Type: Full Time Hire
You Must Have: