COMPUTATIONAL EARTH SCIENCE POSTDOC, LOS ALAMOS NATIONAL LABORATORY
Los Alamos National Laboratory is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in science and engineering on behalf of national security. The Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES) division is seeking exceptional postdoctoral candidates in a range of disciplines and application areas. The group focuses on a broad array of energy, environmental and security areas in order to develop leading-edge methodologies and computational tools to address national and global challenges. The group’s research includes both fundamental and applied science, ranging from subsurface to atmospheric phenomena, including collaboration with experimentalists to measure unique subsurface, surface and atmospheric signatures.
- Ph.D. in an earth or atmospheric science, engineering, mathematics computer science, physics or related field within the last five years
- Demonstrated exceptional research through peer-reviewed publications
- Proven extensive computational or modeling skills
- Interest in energy, environmental and national security applications relevant to Computational Earth Science
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
- Proven experience giving presentations at leading academic conferences or symposiums
- Coding proficiency in languages such as C/C++, Fortran, Java, Julia, Python, MATLAB and R
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to work in high-performance computing (HPC) environments
- Proven experience in big-data (>= terabyte scale) processing and analyses
- Demonstrated experience developing or supporting research projects and proposals
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. It’s one of the reasons we attract world-class talent who contribute greatly to our outstanding culture. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite cafeterias and medical, fitness and breastfeeding facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
lanl.jobs, search IRC69892: https://lanl.jobs/los-alamos-nm/computational-earth-science-postdoc/5A9A770F3F5F4E1DB9A38680C0E81490/job/
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.
Location: Los Alamos, NM
Job Type: Other
You Must Have: